India Touring and Travel Guides.
These guides cover the Indian States of Andhra Pradesh, Delhi NCT, Goa, Gujarat, Karnataka, Odisha, Maharastra, Madyha Pradesh, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
Rajasthan is ideal to visit during February and March as generally the weather is not too hot and it's pre rainy season. On the other hand Maharastra, Karnataka, Gujarat and Goa are pretty good for visiting between November and February. There are obviously a variety of ways to create an itinerary for a multi-destinaton touring holiday
in India using internal India flights, Indian Railways and sometimes by using long distance and surprisingly quite inexpensive taxis i.e. car and driver.
Curiously it seems sometimes tourists are not very aware of some of the excellent locations which can be easily visited in India and just
visit the obvious places (like the Golden Triangle) such as Delhi, Agra and Jaipur and maybe Jodhpur and Udaipur.
Some organised tours can skip a variety of interesting locations which are in theory out of the way of their regular circuits - the better tour companies do visit more places though. For instance the temples
at Khajuraho are extraordinarily beautiful as are the palaces and buildings in Orchha or the step wells near Ahmedabad. Then there are Varanasi City Ghats beside The Ganga or the Hampi Ruins - all can be reached with a little imagination and research. Ultimately this does mean the best way to tour around and see India is on a self-guided basis - much cheaper to do it this way as well of course.
The topics further below about touring in India are shown by each State however for specific topics i.e. perhaps Indian Forts or Stepwells the following may be worth looking at:
All items about places and touring in India - shown State by State.
Delhi - NCT
- Delhi Travel and Touring guide
- Visiting Delhi in India - getting there i.e. train or flying, hotels, havelis, where to stay, getting around Delhi.
- Sightseeing and attractions in Delhi
- Delhi touring - visiting Humayun Tomb, Delhi Red Fort, Jama Masjid Mosque, Lodi Gardens, India Gate and Purana Qila.
- Visiting The National Rail Museum in Delhi
- The National Rail Museum has many old Indian railway steam engines, electic locomotives, carriages, cranes on show.
- Looking round Qutab Minar and Tughlaqabad Fort
- Touring Qutab Minar and Tughlaqabad Fort which are near Delhi so quite easily reached on a day trip.
- Goa Travel and Holiday Guide
- Goa India holiday, touring and travel guide with photos - getting around, taxis, buses, restaurants and things to do.
- Goa visiting Ponda Temples
- Visiting Ponda in Goa, looking at mosques and temples including Safa Masjid, Shri Mahalsa Temple and Shri Mangesh Temple.
- Goa India Day Trips
- Goa daytrips - visiting Dudshagar Waterfalls, Mahadeva Tambdi Surla Temple, Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary, Sahakari Spice Farm.
- Visiting Old Goa in India
- Looking at Old Goa churches, buildings - St Cajetan Church, Se Cathedral, Archiepiscopal Palace, Basilica de Bom Jesus.
- Goa sightseeing attractions
- Visiting several places in Goa - Beaches, Vasco da Gama, Margao, Aguada Fort and Panaji, photos of Goan birds and wildlife
- Ahmedabad Travel and Touring Guide
- Where to stay in Ahmedabad, getting around, travelling by car, train or flying, day trips, things to see.
- Ahmedabad sightseeing guide and photos
- Ahmedabad - Bhadra Fort, Hatheesing Temple, Jami Masjid Maneck Chawk, Sidi Saiyyad, Bibiji Mosque, Swaminarayan Temple.
- Sarkhej Roza at Ahmedabad
- Sarkhej Roza Complex in India visitor and touring guide with photos of the various mausoleums, pavillions and mosques.
- Modhera Sun Temple Ahmedabad
- Visiting the beautiful Modhera Sun Temple in India with its excellent temple sculptures and carvings - easy on a day trip
- Rani Ni Vav step well India
- Daytrip to Rani Ki Vav Step well with photos - Rani Ki Vav Indian stepwell is really beautiful, full of carvings, galleries.
- Adalaj Step Well in India
- Adalaj Step Well in Gujarat India - visiting this really beautiful Indian Step Well - Adalaj Ni Vav Stepwell photos.
- Dada Hari step well in India
- Looking round Dada Hari ni Vav Step Well, an old Indian stepwell situated next to Bai Harir's Mosque and Tomb in Ahmedabad
- Dandeli Travel and attractions
- Getting to Dandeli, looking for tigers, Leopards, crocodiles, whitewater rafting River Kali, jungle trips, Syntheri rocks.
- Hospet and Hospet travel and touring
- Hampi and Hospet - getting there, where to stay i.e. hotels or guesthouses, getting around and things to do and see.
- Hampi Sightseeing guide and photos
- Hampi tour of The Virupaksha Temple, Nandi Temple, Narasimha Temple, Kings Balance, Krishna Temple, The Narashina Temple.
- Touring Hampi Royal Enclosure Temples
- Hampi visiting Vitthala Temple, Lotus Mahal, Mohammadan Mosque, Hazara Rama Temple, Elephant Stables, Mahanavami Dibba.
- Bhopal Travel and Touring Guide
- Bhopal - what to see including visiting Jami Masjid, Tajul Masajid, Mahaveer Giri Jain Temple, markets
- Sanchi Stupas touring guide
- Sanchi India Great Stupa visitor guide plus a visit to Udayagari Caves near Vidisha and a stop off at Vidisha Town
- Gwalior Travel and Touring Guide
- Gwalior India touring, travel and sightseeing guide - day trips from Gwalior, how to get there, hotels and things to do
- Visiting Gwalior Fort - Man Singh Palace
- Looking round Gwalior Fort in Madyha Pradesh, India - visiting Man Singh Palace, Jain rock sculptures, temples, kunds.
- Khajuraho Travel and Touring Guide and Photos
- Visiting Khajuraho in India - how to get there, hotels, restaurants, looking at the beautiful Jain and Hindu Temples.
- Sightseeing Khajuraho Western Group Temples
- Khajuraho's Main Western Group of Jain Temples - with their beautiful sometimes erotic temple carvings, sculptures
- Visiting Khajuraho Jain Temples in India
- Khajuraho Eastern Group Jain and Hindu Temples, Ardinath Temple, Brahma Temple, Vamana Temple, Parsvanath sculptures.
- Mandu City Fort Travel and Touring Guide
- Mandu Fort sightseeing and visitor guide with photos - about Mandu City Fort in Madhya Pradesh, getting there, what to see
- Touring Mandu Royal Enclave Jahaz Mahal
- Touring Royal Enclave Mandu, The Royal Palace, Jahaz Mahal, Hindola Mahal, Gada Shahs Palace, Dilawar Khans Mosque.
- Visiting Mandu Mosques Mahals and Tombs
- Uupamati Pavilion, Baz Bahadur Palace, Rew Kund, Dal Ka Mahal, Lal Bagh Mahal, Malik Mughith Mosque, Nilakantha Palace.
- Touring The Village Group at Mandu India
- Village Group buildings and ruins at Mandu - the old Jami Masjid, Hoshang Sha Tomb, Mahmud Khilji Tomb and Jali Mahal.
- Aurangabad Travel and Touring Guide
- Visiting Aurangabad, India: things to see including the Taj of the Deccan, hotels, getting around, day trips from Aurangabad.
- Visiting Ajanta Caves in India
- Ajanta Caves - looking at the old Buddhist rock paintings and rock carvings, stupas and cells, Ajanta Cave photos.
- Going to Daulatabad Fort, India
- Daulatabad Fort in India looking at Bharatmta Temple, Chini Mahal, climbing up through the tunnels to Daulatabad Fort Citadel.
- Mumbai Travel and Touring Guide
- Visiting Mumbai - places to stay in South Mumbai, Marine Drive, Mumbai airport, getting around the city.
- Mumbai Attractions and photos
- Mumbai sightseeing old colonial buildings, Gateway of India, Railway Station, Marine Drive, parks and dhobi ghat - with photos
- Jaipur Travel and Touring guide
- Jaipur Pink City - visiting the Hawa Mahal, Jal Mahal, Jaipur City Palace and looking at some excellent Jaipur City Gates.
- Sightseeing Gardens at Jaipur India
- Visiting Jai Niwas Bagh, Kanak Vrin Davan, Royal Gaitor Marble Mausoleums, Sisodia-Rani-ka-Bagh gardens, Talkatora Tank.
- The Monkey Temple at Jaipur
- Going to Galwar Bagh and Galta Kund in India - visiting the Monkey Temple near Jaipur and walking up to the Sun Temple.
- Abhaneri Step Well Jaipur India
- Visiting Chand Baori Step Well (Abhaneri Stepwell) and Harshat Mata Temple which are located in Rajasthan, India - with photos.
- Amber Fort Touring Guide Jaipur
- Visiting and touring Amber Fort at Jaipur plus looking around Amber Town, ways of getting to the fort - Amber Fort photos.
- Touring Jaigarh Fort in Jaipur
- Looking round Jaigarh Fort which is located close to Jaipur City in India - with Jaigarh Indian Fort photos.
- Nahargarh Fort at Jaipur
- Visiting Nahargarh Fort and Madhavendra Bhavan which overlook Jaipur - with quite a few pictures from around Tiger Fort.
- Jaisalmer Travel and Touring guide
- The Golden City of Jaisalmer - ways of going to Jaisalmer from Jodhpur, hotels, visiting Gadi Sagar Lake, things to do.
- Visiting Temples and Jaisalmer Fort
- Looking round Jaisalmer - visiting Jaisalmer Fort, Palace Museum, beautiful Jain Temples and Havelis - with photos.
- Jaisalmer Day Trips
- Jaisalmer trip to Bada Bagh Cenotaphs, Amar Sagar Palace, Lodurva Jain Temple Kalpataru Tree and Toran, Thar Desert photos.
- Bharatpur Travel and Tour India.
- Travelling to Bharatpur India, things to do and see, day trips, visiting Bharatpur Wildlife Park, Keoladeo National Park.
- Jodhpur Travel and Touring guide
- The Blue City of Jodhpur Travel and Touring guides visiting Mandor Cenotaphs, Gardens and Jodhpur Old City.
- Visiting Mehrangarh Fort at Jodhpur
- Looking round the excellent Meherangarh Fort and Maharaja's Palace which sit high above Jodhpur City, Rajasthan, India
- Touring guide to The Osian Temples at Jodhpur
- Visiting Osian - Sachiya Mata Temple and Mahavira Jain Temple, old Hindu and Jain Temples at Osian Village, Thar Desert.
- Udaipur Travel and Touring Guides
- Udaipur Touring and Travel guides - ways of travelling to Udaipur, hotels, places to see i.e. Lake Pichola, Fateh Sagar Lake.
- Touring Udaipur City Palace
- Visiting and Sightseeing Udaipur City Palace and Museum and the Jagdish Temple which are in the old part of Udaipur, India.
- Sightseeing at Udaipur
- Udaipur - visiting Nagda Temples and Eklingji Temples, Sahelion Garden, Ahar Cenotaphs, Sajjangarh (Monsoon Palace).
- Kumbhalgarh Fort near Udaipur
- Daytrip to look around Kumbhalgarh Fort, Badal Mahal Palace and looking at several Kumbhalgarh Fort Jain and Hindu temples.
- Chittorgarh Fort near Udaipur
- Visiting Chittorgarh Fort in Rajasthan, India - touring temples, palaces, kunds, ponds, havelis, Photos of Chittaurgarh Fort.
- Ranakpur Jain Temples near Udaipur
- Daytrip sightseeing and visiting Ranakpur to look round the Adinath Jain Temple and The Sun Temple in India, Rajasthan.
- Pushkar Travel and Touring Guide
- Visiting Pushkar in India - hotels and guesthouses, looking at Ranjii Temple, old mosques and buildings in Pushkar.
- The Ghats around Pushkar Lake
- Pushkar Balinda Ghat, Brahma Ghat, Chir Ghat, Indra Ghat, Jagnnath Ghat, Jaipur Ghat, Varaha Ghat, Pushkar Lake Chhatri.
- Gagron Fort India
- Touring Gagron Fort in Rajasthan - Gagron Fort is protected by two rivers as well as huge battlements - guide and photos.
- Jhalawar Garh - Fort
- Looking round the small Jhalawar Fort, Garh and Palace which is in the quiet Indian town of Jhalawar, Rajasthan State, India
- Bundi India travel and tour guide
- Bundi touring, travel guide, what to do in Bundi, havelis, rooms, restaurants, Nawal Sagar Lake and places to visit.
- Garh Palace at Bundi
- Visiting Garh Palace at Bundi, looking at the paintings and rooms plus visiting Chitra Sala paintings and frescoes - photos.
- Bundi Step wells in India
- Visiting Bundi stepwells, baoris and kunds in Bundi - Raniji Ki Baori stepwell and Naga Saga Kunds - with pictures.
- Touring Taragarh Fort at Bundi
- Wandering around Taragarh Fort - looking at mahals, battlements, buildings, baori and stepwells - pictures.
- Visiting Gingee Fort in India.
- Gingee Fort in India - looking round the Indian hill forts of Krishnagiri and Rajagiri i.e. Gingee Fort, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Mamallapuram Rock Caves Temples
- Mamallapuram visiting Mahabalipuram Shore Temple, Mahishasuramardina Cave, caves, Five Rathas, Krishna Butterball.
- Chennai Travel and Touring Guide
- Visiting the green City of Chennai - ways of travelling there, getting around, visiting Marina Beach, things to see in Chennai.
- Sightseeing in Chennai
- Basilica San Thome, Kapaleeshwar Temple, Luz Church, Parthasarathy Temple, Thousand Lights Mosque, St Georges Cathedral
- Agra Touring and Travel Guide
- Travelling to Agra, things to do and places to visit including the huge Jami Masjid, also whether to stay in a hotel in Agra.
- Visiting the Taj Mahal at Agra
- The Taj Mahal and Mosque at Agra - looking around the Taj Mahal which is beside the Yamuna River in India, pictures.
- Looking round Agra Fort
- Sightseeing the beautiful Agra Fort in India with it's powerfull fortification walls, bastions, Gates, Mahals and old Mosques.
- Visiting Fatehpur Sikri India
- Fatehpur Sikri sightseeing in India - touring guide and photos about visiting The Jama Masjid (mosque) and Tomb of Islam Khan.
- Orchha Travel and Touring Guide
- Orchha India travel, touring guide and photos - visiting Rajmandir Fort, Orchha Palace, centotaphs, Mahals and Temples.
- Orchha Temples and Mahals to visit
- Lakshmi Narayan Temple, Dasiyon Ka Mahal, Chaturbhuj, Chhardwari Hanuman, Ram Raja Temples, Kraparamgaur Ki Haveli.
- Visiting Sarnath Archaeological Site India
- Visiting the Sarnath near Varanasi - looking at the Dharmarajika Stupa, Dharmekh Stupa and Ashokan Pillar and several Temples.
- Varanasi Travel and Touring guide
- Going to Varanasi City in India, where to stay, getting around,, markets, visiting Ramnagar Fort beside the River Ganges.
- Visiting the Ghats at Varanasi
- Walking along the old Ghats from one end to the other and a boat trip on the Ganges for a different view of Varanasi's Ghats.
- Kolkata Travel and Touring guide
- Kolkata airport and railway station, Botanical Gardens, Mallick Ghat Mosque, Hooghly River and Bridge and visiting flower markets.
- Calcutta Attractions
- Touring Victoria Memorial, Nakhoda Mosque, mosques, cathedrals, churches, Writers Buildings, Black Hole Calcutta memorial.
- The Great Cemetery Calcutta
- Visiting the Great Cemetery in Calcutta - South Park Street Cemetery - looking at the interesting old colonial tombs - with photos.
Other India Topics
- India Pigs + other Photos
- The lovely but often unloved Indian pigs plus other animals to be seen in India - Goa pigs, Jaisalmer, Varanasi and Jodhpur pigs.
- Touring India Information and Tips
- Touring in India, begging, touts, autos, rickshaws, buses, flights, India visas, hotels, Indian railways, changing money, sim cards.
Via our Resources Page
there is a menu showing more of our travel websites covering holidays and tours of several countries around the world namely Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, China, Singapore, New Zealand, The Canary Islands, Greek Islands, Egypt, Cyprus and The Algarve. We additionally have many topics about England
containing lots of walks as well as items on churches, castles, canals and wild flowers.